It's been awhile since I've blogged!! But I've had so many distractions (good ones) the past few weeks that I couldn't be bothered to write anything. . plus it's no fun that I can't post that many pictures anymore. Anyway, in a nut shell, hmm, I've been out with Xin Wei and the others nearly every week (I think this is the first week I've gone without seeing any of them since I've been back =/), know people in the most unconventional way (I won't tell here, ask me instead =p), actually made a new good friend through said unconventional way, had a hilarious/weird experience meeting said friend (lol), did a part-time job for 2 days last week (trained for 3 days, LOL, but it was fun telesurveying! Plus working so near my place too...but since it's illegal for government servants to work part-time, I had to quit, sadly [I don't wanna take any risks...]) and finally have a full-time job now!! Am now a provisionally-registered pharmacist at Hospital University Kebangsaan Malaysia :D I couldn't ask for a better location despite it being my 3rd choice, and anyway it was a very funny way of how I picked PPUKM instead of PPUM. My first choice was Selangor (obviously), 2nd was Hospital KL and 3rd I just put a medical centre. I didn't really have any high hopes of getting it and I was debating between PPUM or PPUKM (just one letter difference, but PPUM is actually in PJ and much nearer to my place), but due to personal reasons (very funny reasons at that) I picked PPUKM! And I got it. Yay. Since I haven't got a car for now, my dad drops me off every morning and I take the LRT back (1 hour -.-) But, IMU is actually further (same line, further station), so no complaints, I'm used to travelling by LRT anyway. But I shall get a car soon! However, due to Cheras's bad traffic, I suspect even driving will also take me about an hour or two to get home. . .
It's been fun learning so far, and I have great helpful colleagues, and made a very good friend since my first day too (another new PRP like me, she's a really sweet and pretty malay girl! We've been everywhere together since the first day that the other senior PRPs said we're like twins, lol, but starting today we got separated because of different groups for lunch break :( ) There's another PRP but he's only reporting next week so haven't met him yet. But so far the senior PRPs are really friendly and helpful, and I'm getting multi-lingual! Because most of the pharmacist assistants are malay, I speak malay too; when speaking to malay patients, gotta speak malay too, but when speaking to chinese patients especially the elderly, gotta speak cantonese/mandarin (I'm so glad now that at least I know how to speak mandarin) and then calling doctors to confirm prescription changes, I speak english! But my poor feet, sigh, reminds me of my Paris trip, where they hurt like dunno what because of standing all day. . my toes feel like they're dropping off at the end of the day.
There, a super long post to make up for not writing more. I hope that I get more confident with more experience as time passes. . I spotted an error in a prescription today for the first time in my working-life and got to officially confirm with the doctor! Feels nice to know that I can make a difference for the patient. But I also made a lot of other careless mistakes (my maths is horrible and sometimes I fill more/less pills than required. . .) the pharmacist assistants are actually very knowledgeable though, more so than me, and I really appreciate their existence. I'm grateful I get to stay another year at home though (save money, hehe). Till then, au revoir!

Miss you guys!!
我的心,渐渐没那么痛了。。。:)
heyyy, enjoying ur PRP life? hehe..
ReplyDelete