Saturday, June 17, 2023

Musings of a toddler mom

Words are still the best form of medium to capture memories, and there are some feelings that photos cannot immortalize. So here I am, writing this to remind myself what an adorable pie Ella is at this age of two years old. She makes my heart melt with the way she: 
- puts her pillow on me and fall asleep just like that  just because she wants to be near me  
- kisses any small scars I have because she thinks I have a boo boo and that's what will make it better (because we do that to her, bless her heart)
- hugs and cuddles up to me when she thinks I am sad (what a sweetheart )
- wants to help me wash my hair when we are bathing together 😂 
- shares her favourite food with us 
- screams for joy and runs up to her favourite people (like grandma or her aunt )
Before having kids, I never believed that there would be such loving kids but having dear Ella pie is something I thank God for everyday. Loving her is effortless and so easy. And although she won't remember being such an adorable pie, I will remember and will treasure this moment. 
Sigh, having a kid is really like falling in love all over again, but a one sided love, because they won't remember this. It is bittersweet and heartbreaking and unforgettable all at once. And all these fleeting moments pass by so quickly that I often find myself wondering where all the time went. By the time I whip my phone out to capture the moment, it has passed and she will have grown just a little older than before. And soon the adorable pie will be of yesterday's memory and hopefully she will keep growing to be a loving human being. And I hope that I can always be here for her for as long as she needs me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment