Monday, February 17, 2025

Musings of a dreamer..

 Do you ever stop loving someone? Well, unless they've betrayed you, I don't think you really do. However, human memory is prone to bias, because if you ask me things that happened 20 years ago, I cannot say with certainty what I perceive to happen to have really happened. Also, the human mind is so selective, sometimes, I find myself only thinking about the best memories that happen with someone and forget all the hurtful horrid things they've done to me.

This means, I only remember and fantasize the best of that person, even though they've probably changed from what I remember about them; and meeting very sparingly only further reinforces this notion as apart from meeting up once or twice a year, we don't communicate.

So, people whom I've once deeply loved, unrequited (well, I've never confessed anyway so who knows), it means that I've never really forgotten them; as in maybe I still sometimes want to know how they are doing, whether directly or indirectly. Which really is quite silly of me, why do I still want to know how they are doing when I never even crossed their mind? But subconsciously, they do still appear in my dreams, maybe as a manifestation of things I wish I said in real life and still regret that I didn't. Or perhaps, dreams are a way of fulfilling teenage fantasies that were never meant to be.


No comments:

Post a Comment