Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Edinburgh + Ceilidh dance

so how was Edinburgh? fun fun fun! i love Old Town, all the medieval castles and traditional-looking shops + stone pavements + cathedrals..went to try out Chocolate Soup which was recommended by Mei Chen..I could just drink the melted chocolate from the cup like that :D
Scot's Monument

National Gallery of Scotland




Edinburgh Castle

St Giles Cathedral

inside the cathedral



Salisbury Crag

Hollyrood Castle (didn't go in); where the Scottish Royal Family lives


On top of Calton Hill


reminds me of those Lord Of The Ring structure
So we took a bus which cost us 5.26 pounds to-and-fro Edinburgh and Glasgow. I spent about 16 pounds that day, inclusive of the bus ride, entry fee to Scot's Monument, lunch (chocolate soup), dinner (with McD coupon, 1.99pounds for fries + BigMac) and some souvenirs. Didn't enter any castles, sadly. But don't worry, this will not be the last time I go to Edinburgh. :)

Then last night, there was an event at some church, Findlay Church. We had to take the subway, cost 2.4pounds to-and-fro (expensive >.<)
not my picture, took from website (their subway is so quaint!)



Ceilidh dance; the 1st dance..couples dance! so difficult but i still had fun :D
some dances were easy, some were difficult. but it was fun dancing with strangers as well as with friends! (there weren't enough guys so had to dance with girls, but i don't mind :D) danced with Audrey, Zi Fen, Amy, Chiew Vien, Li Ying, Alex...and some strangers (but none of them were cute, sadly..i didn't get any cute guys..but i'm happy my friend "ahem name shall not be disclosed" got chatted up by her cute guy! Hahaha. Okay, so this is officially my first time dancing with guys, but no romance la. They do have romantic slow dances though, which I danced with Chiew Vien (girl in green in the photo above, lol){googled it, I think this dance is called Canadian/Highland Barn dance} and another couples dance (The Military Twostep) with Zi Fen!! Danced The St. Bernards Waltz with May Hwa :D Those were pretty easy. The first one was the most difficult! I guess because we haven't warmed up. The guys in kilts were dancing the first dance. Then there was The Dashing White Sergeant dance, in threes; and plenty others. http://www.scottishdance.net/ceilidh/dances.html
There, I googled them and only knew what we danced after reading the descriptions. Anyway only went there for free food at first, I miss those chinese food! it was more of a chinese people's event because Glasgow Chinese Christian Church organized it. Didn't know we had to dance as well...but I wore jeanskirt and tights, just right for a dance no? and boots T.T pain. 

That's all I guess! Staying with friends or out on your own is kinda fun in its own way, get to do lotsa stuff! But I still have to juggle studies, which are getting tougher...but all work and no play makes me a dull girl! Cooking is also more fun with friends...especially when we make our own recipes up. Skyping with my mom everyday still keeps me sane though, she is so cute laaa! was watching dramas the other day when she suddenly type "helo, i want to talk *angry face*" ...okay enough for now!! tata~

P.S: Ceilidh dance photos credits from gaik cheng

No comments:

Post a Comment