Happy 2012!!
I spent my last 2 days of 2011 and first 2 days of 2012 in beautiful London. Where did you spend yours?
| At Portobello Market. Lots of pretty and quaint stuff |
| Covent Garden! Also lots of cute arts and crafts |
| M & M World! Xin Ning so cute :) |
| In the Queen's theatre for Les Mis, totally unplanned, but also my favourite musical experience! |
| Peter Pan in Kensington Gardens!! My childhood crush. I always wanted Peter to take me to Neverland when I was younger because I never wanna grow up.. |
| Harry Potter section in Harrods. Harrods is really so pretty! I could literally just window-shop there all day. |
| posing with wands :P |
| the best turnip cake I had in UK, in Cha Cha Moon |
| Countdown at London Eye! My favourite colour :) |
| make-believe Northern Lights |
| V & A Museum |
| at Winter Wonderland. Didn't play anything because it was too expensive! But there's still a hint of Christmas atmosphere in the air... |
| some boyfriend trying to win a fluffy toy for his girlfriend. (total stranger, but he look so yeng :p) |
| dim sum at Jade Garden! (sorry Zi Fen for that line on the wall...) |
| the best frozen yoghurt from Pinkberry at Selfridges! Chocolate flavour with strawberries, cookies + cream and peanut butter crunch topping, me love :) |
| our last night in London (last night out of my own willing) watching the Phantom of the Opera! |
I love him
But everyday I'm learning
All my life
I've only been pretending
Without me
His world would go on turning
A world that's full of happiness
That I have never known.
I love him, but only on my own.
"Do You Hear the People Sing" is also a nice song. But I don't know why I never really watched this musical when my dad played the dvd when I was younger. Probably because its quite a sad story and the songs aren't as catchy as the Phantom. But what I loved about Les Mis was that I could understand the story fully just by listening to the lyrics of the song (it's not so "opera" style so the lyrics were quite clear). Yay. Had an awesome night with Xin Ning and Les Mis.
My favourite Phantom of the Opera scene! I remember I blogged about this last time when I first watched the movie (about 2005 or 2006?) but that blog entry is lost forever. Too bad. I really would love to know how much my reflections about this movie have changed since then. Not much I suppose, because "All I Ask of You" is still my favourite song. However, I love the reprise version better. Actually, to be more accurate, I love the version of "All I Ask of You" as heard by the Phantom because it sounds more bittersweet (as it should be, listening to the one you love sing about loving someone else). But I love all the other songs too like "Masquerade", "Angel of Music", "Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again" and "Past the Point of No Return". "Prima Donna" is especially lovely, because it has such a waltzy feeling. Sorry, I know I'm such a nerd, listening to such songs..but I love them. They're a part of my childhood, thanks to my daddy who always played Andrew Lloyd Webber's music when I was young. :P The musical was alright, I guess the balcony seat was too high but I absolutely loved the music in the theater. I got several thrills when I heard the theme song play.
Okay, this post is supposed to be like..a happy new year welcome. Not a review of the musicals or my current obsession with them. So I had a fantastic new year in London! It's like a cheaper version of Paris. All the nice food plus shopping and night-life. 2011 passed by really fast. I suppose it was because nothing changed much in terms of location. And my feelings are pretty much the same. Happy, sad, like that. Pik chik at times. -.- it shouldn't be really because i'm mostly happy when you're there.
Anyway, I haven't found whatever that was that has always been evading me (in reference to what I hoped 2011 will bring me) so...let whatever may be may be this year. No hopes, no expectations. Except to graduate! And find a good job. (sigh, sound so old when I say all this) I foresee this year would seem quite long because..my 2nd half of the year would probably be back in Msia! It'll be something like 2010 all over again.
Well, here's to a good 2012 anyway! Let the awesome fireworks I saw at the London Eye be the start of something new [HSM reference] :)
Say you'll share with me one love, one lifetime
Say the word and I will follow you.
Share each day with me, each night, each morning,
Anywhere you go, let me go too,
Love me, that's all I ask of you.
P.S: I should post more photos up on FB. Which reminds me, I have not even posted anything from my France trip. Let's just say I'm getting a tad lazy. Sigh. Holiday's over! Time to start mugging.. Tata!
I will treasure these last 6 months of my university life, that's my resolution this year. :)
Think of me, think of me fondly when we've said goodbye.
Remember me, once in awhile, please promise me you'll try.
On that day, that not so distant day, when you are far away and free, if you ever find a moment,
please spare a thought for me.
Think of me, think of me waking silent and resigned.
Imagine me, trying so hard to put you from my mind.
Recall those days, look back on all those times, think of all the things we'll never do-
there will never be a day, when I won't think of you. -Think of Me, POTO (told cha I was obsessed)
I will treasure these last 6 months of my university life, that's my resolution this year. :)
Think of me, think of me fondly when we've said goodbye.
Remember me, once in awhile, please promise me you'll try.
On that day, that not so distant day, when you are far away and free, if you ever find a moment,
please spare a thought for me.
Think of me, think of me waking silent and resigned.
Imagine me, trying so hard to put you from my mind.
Recall those days, look back on all those times, think of all the things we'll never do-
there will never be a day, when I won't think of you. -Think of Me, POTO (told cha I was obsessed)
No comments:
Post a Comment