Time for another child-related post.
Sometimes, I feel that my own child is really much wiser than me and says the funniest but also logical things; if I am lucky, I get her to repeat them in front of a camera so that I get to replay it when I start missing her cute 3-year old logic; but sometimes she doesn't repeat it, so I want to write them down somewhere so that some day, I can remember how she was at this cute toddler age.
On the topic of another child (I am one and done, but sometimes I just want to gauge her reaction towards the thoughts of siblings so I can nip any want in the bud before it blooms into a must-have)
Me: Hey Ella, can mummy and daddy have another baby?
E: No! Does mummy and daddy love me?
Me: Yes, we love you.
E: Then why you want another baby? (Note: this is so true; I love her so much already, why do I want another?)
Me: You can play with the other baby.
E: No, they will take all my toys (Note: this is because her father, who is adamant against having another child, brainwashes her about this). I only want to play with mummy.
Which really lets me reflect, what does a child really want? Do we really want another sibling / playmate to play with us (which really, siblings with large age gaps can't really play together anyway)? If jealousy is inherent in human nature, why do we want another person to come into our lives to compete with getting the affections of the people we love?
When she is sick, she really listens to advice about not drinking cold stuff or doing things that makes her feel worse; or at least she tries..
Scenario 1:
Daddy: It is so hot today, let me switch the air-cond on.
E: I don't want air-cond! I am sick.
Scenario 2:
Daddy: Here, have some chips.
E: No, I am sick. I cannot eat chips.
After awhile...couldn't resist...
E: I want to have 1 chip only (proceeds to take one)
After finishing the one chip.....
E: I want 3 chips! Because, I am THREE years old.
Okay.... Time to wrap this up else this would be another long-ass post.
It is almost the end of the year but I don't want the last post (or I might write more hahaha) on my blog to be a negative one. Was this year great?
That is for me to know and for you to find out :)
No comments:
Post a Comment