Monday, August 10, 2026

End of an era?

 I've taken to blogging more frequently lately; I suppose my life is not all that happy and hunky dory at the moment. 

To be honest, I also like to blog when I'm feeling wistful; and the ending of my daily comedic sitcom after NINE years marks like the end of a really long decade, where it seems like nothing much changed, yet a lot has changed. Sometimes, I do wonder, if these are the best times of my life, and there is nothing else better and that things could only be worse from today. This show has seen me through my marriage, my motherhood, a pandemic, my mom's ICU stint in 2023, my breastfeeding journey, my career challenges and my various travels over the past 9 years. I've not been an avid fan of the show in the beginning but after my marriage, I've always made a point to watch the show with my family after dinner at 8pm and it has been like a routine for us; the one show that's not dictated by on-demand streaming but rather we watch it live as it is broadcasted in Hong Kong. This show has seen me be a fan of Stanley Cheung (I really followed him on IG and even commented on his live story once and he replied!) to liking Andrew Chan (because he's cute like someone I know). Goodbye Come Home Love, Lo and Behold, and thank you for the memories. I will miss the ridiculous but really creative and funny plotlines of each character's shenanigans. And I'm glad my Fung Fung has a happily ever after with the girl of his dreams.

Change is the only constant, my long-running drama has ended, my 14 year old car is acting up, my job is no longer giving me safe feels, are these all signs that it is time to move on? But the place that I want to move to seems to have a parking problem that is worse than my current situation, ugh. And I'm reminded daily of what benefits or future opportunities I may be missing if I left by someone. Nevertheless, God knows best, and I'll just trust that come what may, I can handle it. If it is meant to be, it will be. 

after all, Fung Siu came back to star in the sitcom in 2020, after leaving TVB in 2017. shows that one can always go back after leaving? if the stars align?

Maybe I should use my blog to keep track of my health now as well. Noting down some symptoms of late, like my neck aches when I look up (maybe it is due to excessive use of phone); and when I do some heavy brain task prior to sleep, I will suffer from acute insomnia (I only had 1 hour or less of sleep last night, like wth? sleep used to come easily to me). 


No comments:

Post a Comment