Friday, July 9, 2010

A day of fun~

Before I start the story of our Sunway Lagoon fun-filled day, I wanna say to Hui Leng that WE WISHED YOU WERE HERE!!! But to make you not feel left out, here is a blow-by-blow account of exactly what we did, just for your pleasure :) Anyway this is actually the 2nd time I went to Sunway Lagoon with friends, and the first time I actually swim with friends :D i don't know since when i started getting all self-conscious about wearing a swimsuit in front of people, hence i seldom go swimming already..still, i wore a t-shirt and trackpants over my swimsuit this time =D wa'alaikumsalam, saya orang melayu :)


So, Xin Wei started the day off by messaging all of us "are ya ready kids?aye aye captain!!oooooo..i comin now ya to fetch u guys....heh!!" lame right? :P We reached S.L around..11.10 am? Cuz the park opens at 11am, mana tahu already got a long queue even though it's a schoolday! Alot of foreigners, especially cute angmohs *drools*
whilst waiting, we camwhored awhile, but I only took 1 photo of us.
sweating like hell ok!! i couldn't wait to jump into the pool there and then...

Since Abi was the only one of us who was smart enough to wear her swimsuit at home already, we gave her our money and I.C to continue queueing up and to purchase our tickets whilst the rest of us headed to the dressing room to change. Then, we had to go through "spot-check" because no water bottles or food are allowed in to the park. Hmm, someone's bottle of water got confiscated, I forgot who. Was it Xin Wei? Or Hui Lynn? Anyway...

We went to the dry park first. The first ride was the Pirate's Ship one. Since it was my principle not to ride anything that goes 360 degrees, i know, pretty much a waste of money for people like me, I didn't join Xin Wei or Abi, neither did Mei Chen or Hui Lynn. So we camwhored. :D (sorry for taking your pictures from FB Mei Chen, hope you don't mind)

obviously that's not my sunglasses, i was helping xin wei to hold, in case it fly off during the ride.

Then, we went to the Wild Wild West part and rode a few rides there. Erm, I don't think there are many pictures here, in which case I'll just tell you the name of the ride, and if you wanna know how it looks like, google for pics :) i forgot the names of the rides so i'm googling them right now anyway...I think we rode the Colarado Spalsh (water-slides one), where you had to sit on a float (2 people) and slide down really fast. I sat with Lynn whilst Abi was with Xin Wei. Mei Chen didn't want to get wet, so she jaga our bags. it was scary because there were no handles to hold you back (just you and the damn float!) whilst the drop was steep, so i closed my eyes -.- after that we went for Butch Cassidy Trail, this type of carousel thingy in cowboy hats. spin damn fast, up and down, round and round..weee~ then, we went for the Niagara Falls Flume Ride. Aptly described as

"another major attraction where you and your friends get into logs and drop down a steep hill into a 260 m long river."-http://www.malaysiasite.nl/sunwaylagooneng.htm

Niagaradamn scary ok this one! lynn jaga-ed our bags this time, so 4 of us sat this tiny log-boat thingy and floated around the so-called "wild west scenery". there were red-indian statues and all but still, it was nothing compared to those wild west theme parks i've been to in australia or japan. anyway the fun part was....we had to enter this cave (what was the caption again? something like "BEWARE, A GIANT SNAKE IS GONNA EAT YOU" where it was total darkness and we didn't know if we were moving up or not. but we were definitely on a slope. and it was scary cuz we didn't know when the drop will come! but luckily, that drop was not so steep. the second drop was steeper and much more exhilirating. we kept screaming =D (picture courtesy of malaysiasite.nl) we made it out of the snake's body safely :) we went again a 2nd time for lynn to experience it (i didn't, i was taking care of everyone's bags that time)


Grand Canyon Rapid Falls was closed, sadly, so we moved on to the World of Adventure and rode the Tomahawk. Another 360 degree ride. Video on Facebook. Lynn was recording, whilst I was looking after the bags. Mei Chen, Xin Wei and Abi went for it. Haha. Poor them. They went through the whole ride twice because it was going to rain, so I guess the guy just gave them another ride again. Imagine, 4 minutes of being flung with great momentum and going upside-down twice. Plus the fact that the ride is like a cage, enclosed with bars and roofs (to prevent anyone flying out i suppose). MC felt nauseous afterwards. The funny thing was, she said the other people also didn't want to go for the ride twice. It was like, after 2 min, then the thing slowed down, all breathe sighs of relieves with the knowledge that they can finally get out, then the ride started again, and according to her, everyone went NUUUUUUUUU. heh, luckily i didn't go, again waste of money i know, but i prefer not to get nauseous and end up spoiling my entire day. Suspension bridge and the roller-coaster ride Lost City of Gold was closed, so freakin waste of money -.-


Since it looked like it was about to rain, we went to the Extreme Park to see if there was anything to play. Stupid Go-Kart and this other ride (cycling ride? with small tractor-like cars) required us to pay extra, when we already paid for the entry tickets to include Extreme Park! So we played archery, for free :) just to pass time too I suppose.

Rain started around 2pm. I know because I was the only one still wearing my watch, I kept track of the time. I cannot survive without a watch, literally. So we went for lunch. MC and Abi didn't buy lunch cuz MC was nauseous and Abi had energy bars, so me, lynn and xw queued up to buy lunch. We were soaked and freezing cold cuz there was no shade (the line was that long that we exceeded the shade). When I saw the prices, sorry, i'm kiamsap, but i won't spend RM7 on burgers or fried rice, or RM10 just for one chicken chop with nothing else. So I opt to go without lunch :) xw and Lynn had combo meals though, burgers with fries and a bottle of water for RM 13, so I paid xw RM5 back since she gave me her bottle of water (she already had one) and we shared her fries, all of us.

Rain stopped around 3pm. So, we went swimming. Abi and xw rented a float for RM15 because they wanted to go for the water slides, but turns out you don't need a float for the water slides. After some mucking around at this small surf pool (don't know the name, but the water was heated! damn nice), we went for a swim in a river-like thingy (can't find the name) where basically we either swam or walked or float one round around part of the compound. 2 things happened here. First, I scraped my foot on the stupid rocky floor of that pool, making it pretty painful to walk through the water (because of resistance and all that), and Abi's shirt tore. No, she didn't go naked. She was wearing her bikini underneath :) but I guess her flimsy cotton shirt couldn't withstand all the slides and water falls. Aftermath of this eventful ride was, Abi had to be extra careful (since she wanted to go on the water slides, don't know if the bikini will suddenly fly off? haha) and I had to hobble around. okay, i'm a pussy, but i'm scared that i get an infection ok, because swimming pool water ain't that clean. people might pee in it, choke in it (hence got saliva), there were dead leaves and probably insects in that particular section of the pool, so me and lynn went to find first-aid (that's the coolest thing about having a nurse-in-training for a friend, she really calms you down!). Cuz the first-aid guy dabbed alcohol on my scraped wound, ALCOHOL, ON A RAW WOUND, "ahem", i'll let you imagine how painful that was.


Anyway after the cheap bandage which was non water-resistance *rolls eyes*, i had to be extra careful it didn't go floating away in the water. XW and Abi went for their water-slides rides whilst me, Lynn and MC just went off by ourselves swimming or floating in the surf-pool. Since I was injured, I was the daisiucheh, floating around with my foot sticking out in the air whilst they drag or pull the float *grins*. Erm, story after this gets pretty boring. After XW and Abi finished their water-slides, we just fooled around with Abi's torn shirt, swimming, pulling each other's feet underwater, etc etc....

Finished by 6pm when we were all showered and dressed. Couldn't go for last minute rides after the rain stopped because they closed early. Gah. So we went for sushi at Sunway Pyramid. Pictures on FB. I can't be bothered to find anymore pics because I'm tired, and it's 2 am :)

Long post I know, but it's mainly for Leng's benefit. If she bothers to read through all, i know she's pretty busy with uni recently. Awesome fun day, except, i just have to complain about the exorbitant prices. I am NEVER going to Sunway Lagoon again, spent RM80 for the whole ticket, and I didn't get to go Scream Park or Wildlife Park, and other rides had to pay extra in Extreme Park, and I didn't go for those 360 degree rides. Shyt. And the food and drinks prices. OMGEEEE. Twice or thrice the price compared to outside food. Imagine, one traffic-light ice-cream costs 3 bucks. THREE BUCKS, when you can get it for maybe RM0.60 or RM1 outside. MC told me it's cheap for the westerners, and uk prices are usually like that. Since i'm so kiamsap, i guess i'll probably just starve there. And MC said sushi costs 2 pounds for one dish, GAH, NO SUSHI IN UK FOR ME *sobs*


P.S: my foot is better now, thanks xw for the extra bandage.
P.P.S: i don't watch football, but i find it pretty funny that paul the octopus can predict football results so accurately, HAHAHA
P.P.P.S: i can't wait for our next outing! if xin wei can go out again. i'm sure i'll really miss these times once i'm not here anymore. you guys are my only true friends who have seen me at my worse times but still accept me for who i am, thanks!
P.P.P.P.S: i'm not a twilight fan anymore, but i really wanna watch eclipse in the cinemas because it's tradition since i watched the first two in cinemas!!! *i'm weird like that* but sigh, i can't find any kaki, sadly...



No comments:

Post a Comment