So much about complaining that I never got to dissect anything during high school;
this, is what I see everyday. Yay me. (this photo is not taken by me, it's some random internet picture, but you get the idea)
Because I'm doing organ bath studies! How exciting! Seriously! (okay, at least it's just the beginning)
Remember our guinea pig ileum tissue experiment back in semester 2? Well, we just had to add in the drug and record the contraction values, but whaddaya know, someone actually had to mount the tissue in the bath in the first place! I have to do it myself now, but now I know how to mount a 20mm artery on a wire myograph. And am learning how to cut rats open. And take out their lungs and heart.
I dissected a rat for the first time today, and my supervisor said it seemed like I'm giving the rat a haircut because I'm afraid that I cut the skin off too deep and damage the organs. >.<
Awesome to see a live and kicking rat and then be dissecting it a few minutes later; not. I've witnessed mice being killed in a gas chamber filled with a high concentration of CO2, and rats having their neck broken, or anaesthetised with an overdose of anaesthesia. Imagine spending the last minutes of your life in a sink, running round, then suddenly falling flat dead, and then cut open a few minutes later. Gives a whole new meaning to Mousehunt as well (this FB game that I've been playing over a year now...lol). There are so many other ways of killing mice apart from mousetraps! I guess kitty's really a good name for me.
But okay, research is fun in a way, if you know what you're doing. But maybe I'd still rather go into a pharmacy and work and have that experience? After all, I'm doing a degree in pharmacy, not pharmacology. Or this could be the beginning of a new career pathway for me, haha.
Whatever will be, will be.
Okay, just thought I'd update with something more substantial than posting videos of songs. Tata!
I'm sad today. I'm sad right now. Even when there are no expectations, even with friendships, it's still hard to know that people will not treat you the same way you treat them. Like I'm not the one you tell things to first even though I tell you things first; like being lied to even when I would never lie to you.
And the things you said about me...you will never know how much power you have to hurt me, I guess that's why you do the things you do. (even if it's a joke, i take it seriously, because you said them)
P.S:: i should really stop doing this. Stop making you my priority when I'm not even your preference.
(These are not secret messages! They're just to deter people who don't really care from reading everything. But if you really care about me, you would read. So thank you.)
(These are not secret messages! They're just to deter people who don't really care from reading everything. But if you really care about me, you would read. So thank you.)
No comments:
Post a Comment