Okay, this post is at least one month overdue, but oh well better late than never huh? So on the 16/9, I went to visit the City of Derry, Northern Ireland with 3 of my very good friends, for 3 days 2 nights. After spending a week in France, I was quite tired, so we didn't really visit a lot, just went to see the Giants Causeway and the Carrick-a-rede Road Bridge. And we saw 3 or 4 rainbows here! Too bad we didn't spot any leprechauns lurking at the end of the rainbow with a pot of gold for us. There's a myth about Giants Causeway though:
Myth
Popular mythology attributes the creation of the Causeway to an Irish giant named Fionn mac Cumhaill. To prove his superior strength and status, Fionn decided to fight against a rival Scottish giant named Benandonner. As there was no boat large enough to carry huge Finn across the sea to confront Bennandonner, he built his own pathway of stepping stones from Ireland to Scotland. He then was able to walk across the sea without getting his feet wet.
When he crossed the sea, however, he saw just how large Benandonner was. He ran back to Ireland before Bennandonner saw him, but the causeway was built and Bennandonner came to fight. Fionn crawled into a crib and when Bennandonner came to the door to fight him, his wife told him not to wake the baby. Seeing just how large Fionn's "baby" was, Bennandonner grew afraid and ran back to Scotland, tearing up the causeway as he went to prevent Fionn following him. - Wikipedia
| Londonderry from across the river Foyle |
| on the way to Giant's Causeway |
| cannot believe these stones are naturally formed but they are |
| Carrick-a-rede Road Bridge; quite narrow huh? |
| I love this shade of ocean!! Perfect blue =) |
All in all, quite an eventful trip. Weather was sucky, but that's Irish weather, suddenly raining, suddenly sunny, ever changing moods just like the changing hues of the ocean. Plus the mood of the trip was marred by the realization that I won't be staying with my housemates for the next 10 months...Enough about that. I'm over it.
On a different note, I'm recently living in the past again!! More like, 5 years ago, because I found back my beloved Final Fantasy songs! More accurately Final Fantasy 4, which I played in 2007 on GBA, even though it was a 1991 game. Funny how certain songs just transport you back into the past after listening to it huh? And since this post is about Ireland (my future dream country to live in by the way, because I just love its culture), I shall post a celtic version of my favourite game song. Sometimes I just switch the GBA on just to listen to it =p
I think you would like it Hui Leng =)
Oh and the song on my blog as well. That's my current mood.
No comments:
Post a Comment