Tuesday, October 25, 2011

FOMO much?

Y'know, sometimes, I just like to blog on the spur of the moment; it's like updating an FB status, only I just do it on my blog because if afterwards my mood changes, I can just delete or edit the entire entry. And if any of you saw the entries I've written before I deleted them, you're lucky =p (because sometimes I can write too personal stuff I suppose...so I delete them after).

Anyway I've just been to York and Manchester the past 2 days but I am too lazy to upload any pictures at the moment. My heart's not in it. Sigh. Maybe it's hormonal imbalance or something, I just feel...unhappy. For no good reason. I feel alone. But why? Maybe confused is also another word to describe my feelings at the moment...

Then I just cried today over the silliest reason ever, just a 10-word sarcastic reply from my lecturer which made me feel stupid and lousy and pathetic. Great. Okay. Maybe whatever's been bugging me just got let out at the same time as well. And I hate sarcastic people, period. Sarcasm's one of the best weapons to hurt me... 

Sigh, sometimes there are some people I really want to talk to and unleash all my frustrations, but I know they wouldn't want to hear it. Then there are some whom I wish would talk to me first, but they won't. Who can listen to me? Nobody but this pathetic lonely outlet of a blog. Maybe I should get a virtual companion in the form of SIRI from Iphone4S, at least they'd talk to me back...

Oh I nearly forgot to mention why my blog post is named FOMO (fear of missing out). It's an addiction that I've read about online, http://psychcentral.com/blog/archives/2011/04/14/fomo-addiction-the-fear-of-missing-out/; I think I DO suffer from it. Huh. So pathetic. At least I know my blog persona isn't fake, because I'm pretty sure I reveal far too much sometimes (especially when I first started writing, because I knew nobody read..oh wait, is it fake if I edit my entries after? Huh, maybe I AM fake! =p oh hey wait, is admitting this negates me about being fake? Because if I really was fake, I wouldn't even mention it would I? I love messing with paradoxes!). Then again, maybe it's not news about the other people that I want to know, maybe I just wanna know what's up with you.

Oh well, I'll just smile and move on. Maybe I'll paint my fingernails blue again. That cheered me up once. There's so much work to do. Medicine adherence. Barriers to patient compliance. And I've not started a single word. Yay me. Fine, I'll go and find out now why patients don't take their medications. Tata.
  


even though you don't know it, but I'm really glad you made time to tell me about your problems on skype. =) this one's for you, since you're such a brilliant investigator, I'm sure you'd find this message. All the best for your EOS okay! And I'm sure things will work out eventually, have faith :)

No comments:

Post a Comment