Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Buh-bye summer :(


I'm out on the edge and I'm screaming my name
like a fool at the top of my lungs
sometimes when I close my eyes I pretend that I'm alright
but it's never enough
cause my echo, echo
is the only voice coming back
my shadow, shadow 
is the only friend that I have.
__________________________________________________________________________________
So the clocks turned back one hour on 30/8, officially marking the end of British Summer Time. Now it's Greenwich Mean Time in UK, making me 8 hours behind Malaysia. Yay. Not. I miss summer! A lot a lot. I miss the weather, and the fact that the sun sets so late. Even though I'm a night person. But the day seemed longer and my mood seemed more cheery =D Since the clocks turned back one hour, the sun is going to set even earlier now *groan*. Ugh. Sigh.
Okay, so last weekend we went to York and Manchester. I really love York; it's the same kind of city like Edinburgh, medieval and fairytale-like. I don't care if the lifestyle in those kind of cities seem boring, if I'm around people I love, it doesn't matter what the surroundings is like right? Then we went to Old Trafford in Manchester; but I'm not a football fan, and nobody who's close to me supports Man U (I think), so I have nobody to buy things for! Sad.
National Railway Museum (largest railway museum in the world)


like the train to Hogwarts =D
Modern train section, the Japan Bullet Train!
I love this colour!

underneath the train

enough of trains!
city of York

Yorkshire pudding with roast beef slices! A must-try, at least in York :)
Yorkminster Cathedral

random harp-player..so romantic!

kinda cold in Autumn.. :(

went to visit tome of the famous tea rooms - Betty's

treacle tart; wonder why Harry Potter likes them? nothing special

in front of Lendal Tower; stored a chain which stretched across the river to Barker Tower to protect the city

I love the York symbol - the White Rose of York
the city walls

Long since I had Pad Thai! Miss it sooo much!

Gosh, I can't believe I took so many photos of just one day in York. 
Manchester! It just reminds me of Glasgow, nothing really...special. Football stadium was cool though I suppose.
Awesome start to our day - English breakfast! (sorry for the blurness)

soooo many trophies!
our guide for the guided stadium tour..15 pounds!

Player's lounge

according to the guide, David Beckham was sitting in this chair, when he first saw Victoria  entering from the door in the photo below, in 1997; where they laid eyes on each other and asked to be introduced after..romantic not? =p

Changing room! Smell their sweat?

p.s: 7 is a good number :)

I was only looking forward to this - dim sum!! Very cheap summore compared to Malaysia; 4 pounds per person, and we ordered 11 dishes I think...

Manchester's Chinatown Arch. Reminds me of London...


No photos of the city..I didn't think there was anything special to take. Anyway I've been actually drafting this since 2 days ago, I'm such a slow blogger. So that was my 2 day 1 night trip! WYWH.
It's November already and Halloween's just over! Happy Belated Halloween anyway :)

No comments:

Post a Comment