Saturday, November 26, 2011

Breaking Dawn

Without my usual fix of Vampire Diaries (next episode on Jan 5th, groan), guessed what I watched instead - Breaking Dawn! 
Warning: I'm going to write a long-winded and detailed post about Breaking Dawn, so any Twilight haters, please go away, and for any Twilight fans, who have not watched the movie, please go away too if you don't want me to spoil it for you, thank you :)
My favourite moment

Edward: "Nobody can be more traditional than me."
How can I not love him when he is based utterly and wholly on Gilbert Blythe of Anne of Green Gables? 

the way he called her Mrs Cullen after, sweet :)








I did claim that I'm no longer a Twilight fan, but...I hated how cynical and unnecessarily harsh and biased I sounded on my review of Eclipse last year. Was I trying so hard to prove how much I don't ship the Twilight series anymore, just so that I don't get any snide and hurtful comments from haters? Sigh. I don't like who I've become anymore since then. What's wrong with liking Edward? He's a nice guy; well, except for the stalker-ish, overly-protective side of him as described in the book, but at least he's nice. He's not an abusive jerk who hurts the girl he loves, like Chuck or Damon. He's nice, just like Stefan! Why did I not like him anymore and instead fall for all the mean sarcastic guys who sometimes make their girl feel small by saying really hurtful stuff? (Okay, in the past laa..I think Chuck and Damon are nicer now in their current storyline)

Anyway, I didn't want to watch Breaking Dawn in the cinema, because honestly, it's my least favourite book out of all the 4 books because Bella turned so horny, and then she became pregnant, and then a mom - things I couldn't relate to at all. Horny how? She cried just because she couldn't continue her sex dream!! -.- And Jacob imprinted on her daughter. It's sick, but then again, if I were Bella, I'd probably be glad, because at least I know my future son-in-law already. I mean, doesn't every parent want their child to end up with someone nice? And now Bella knows in advance that her daughter will always have her best friend to look out for her! So it really is kind of a happy ending for her.
Regardless, the movie was actually sort of nice. Very faithful to the book. And the acting has really improved. Everyone says Kristen doesn't know how to act, but of course, if you see those critics who only take photos of her that one same expression and claim that that's the expression she always has, well, they just didn't want to see the whole picture. She definitely has a lot of expressions in this movie, from happy, to angry, to sad. Plus she doesn't lip-bite anymore. Edward also has more personality! And Taylor is the perfect Jacob. I couldn't see much of the wolf-pack though because they act in really dark scenes, and of course everyone knows how poor quality new movies have through streaming, dark scenes basically = black. So I couldn't actually see any of the wolf-pack scenes properly, or the fighting scene in the end that took place in the dark.
But I say their acting has really improved, especially Robert, because after the birth scene when he was trying to save Bella, I really felt kind of sad, because he was so desperate to save her, and she just lay there looking dead. Good job! Btw, Edward didn't glitter at all, even under the sun, and I didn't even notice! So much for continuity with the book's character, lol.

I did laugh at a few wrong places though... which incidentally, I can't remember what. Still, it's not a bad movie. I guess maybe I just have to admit this, I am a fan. Albeit a very wrong sort of fan who doesn't support their merchandise by buying the books or going to the cinema to watch this movie =/ But who cares about the opinions of those who would ridicule me on being a fan? I don't care, can't care, anymore. Because I don't like who I've turned into these past 2 years after not being a fan and being so cynical and negative to dreams and fantasies. I want to find who I was when I was 18 again. It's not going backwards, I just thought I was a better person then. Better view of the world. Happier. Childlike innocence. Naiveness. Not so reality-driven. I don't like reality. I guess I like living in denial after all. But who cares, as long as I'm happy right.

P.S: I haven't lost sight of my dreams. I've just changed the object of my ambitions. :) -Anne Shirley-inspired
P.P.S: I don't know why I feel the need to clarify this but I'm not talking about my love life (or lack of it) in anything I've mentioned in posts/statuses/whatever. I have more important issues to think about. Like my final year project. Or the countless assignments coming up. Or upcoming exams. TQVM

"Bella, we're supposed to be partners, remember? But you decided this on your own, you decided to leave me. I have no other way to see it because it's me that'll lose you. And I don't choose that." ~ My favourite Edward line. On why he doesn't want Bella to have the baby. And you can't blame him really. He was practically watching Bella die the whole movie trying to have the baby. :'(
But he doesn't understand what Bella, or even I, understand, that it's really hard to give up on something when you thought that it's all you ever wanted. I know that all Bella ever wanted before was Edward, but to have his child, the child of someone you love, I guess that's different on a whole new level which I haven't understand, yet

No comments:

Post a Comment