Tuesday, April 10, 2012

开心时光总过得特别快

玩了一个星期多,总要回到现实,为了将来埋头苦读!
Usually I would blog before I posted pictures but this time uploading pictures on FB seem to be a breeze rather than writing, because I'm just too lazy. But nothing's going in my head for now, so I'll just write here awhile...
4 days 3 nights in Barcelona - fun, memorable, exciting in ways that typing the story here would not do it justice so I won't be telling any stories of what happened, they're not mine to tell =p but it's the company that counts at least :)
Sagrada Familia - one of the most defining architecture in Barcelona because it's still incomplete till today, after 130 years
I like the concept of "light filling the building" and the space for a 1000 choir members to sing in the cathedral. Imagine how heavenly it would sound! And how pretty :) I like stained-glass, they're so colourful

The back of the building. The sculptures here are more intricate, apparently because they were designed? personally by Gaudi himself, and they all have their stories to tell

Turtle & tortoise base! So cute
Trying to take of the building - Casa Mila, but there was a strike happening so we couldn't go any further; too many people
Authentic Spanish cuisine - Paella! The seafood is quite fresh here in Barcelona, probably because it's a seaside city

2nd day at La Rambla, a popular shopping street, many souvenir-selling stalls here
La Boqueria, probably my favourite place in Barcelona (pic stolen from FB, credits to Amy or PY) - I like to people-watch when I travel and this market was one of the prettiest, liveliest markets I've seen. Dislike the people though, IMO, they don't seem that friendly, save for the bar we went for breakfast twice in a row 
my friends love their coffee very much
beef cheeks! something special to try :)
their potato omelette wasn't bad, but this picture might have been the aubergine one


Placa Reial is apparently one of the prettiest squares in Barcelona
                         Port Vell
                                                              Reminds me of Marseille in France
The alleyway leading to Palau de Musica Catalana, or Palace of Catalan Music. Warning to anyone who wants to come here, please do NOT go into the souvenir shop here, very bad experience. 

Very pretty inside and definitely worth a visit! Maybe even better if you can catch a concert here :)
No pictures allowed to be taken inside but what's the use of Google then? =p
                    Another pretty piece of architecture - Casa Batlo; the balconies are pretty special
3rd day, on the way to see the Magic Fountain (the scarf is not a fashion statement, despite the sun, it was still pretty cold)
Stolen from FB again =p But I like the below picture, missing the photographer though!
Barcelona held the Olympics in 1992; so this was somewhere near the Olympic City
In a cable car up to Castell Montjuic! I love cable cars~~
I'm too lazy to photoshop away that black line..ugh stupid camera lens
Entrance to Parc Guell. Looks like some gingerbread candyland because all the buildings were so colourful!
Magic Fountain in the evening

All in all, it was a pretty eventful trip. Not short of stories at least! :) Anyway I headed to London after we got back to find Xin Ning, and there are too many pretty photos during that trip to be condensed in this post so I shall make that for another later post!
Got to really start studying now..tata!

“所难弃者,一点痴念而已!” 

No comments:

Post a Comment