Monday, August 29, 2011

Just dreaming

Dreams....Reality. Why do people describe reality as cold and harsh, yet dreams are....ethereal? Too perfect, too good to be true. What is the difference?

I admit, the day I just touched down in Malaysia, life in Glasgow seemed like... a dream. But was it ever? Perfect? Happy? Or maybe there's just that glimmer of hope that life might always be better on the other side. But today I'm leaving, and now it seemed like my one month here, was just a dream. Maybe I've been pampered by my parents, more than usual, than any other time since I was away for 9 months. Maybe because being overseas isn't that perfect anymore, because I've just lost that thin thread of hope of staying there forever, hence, my mindset is completely changed. Because isn't that what humans do best? Looking on the bright side, burying and repressing the sad memories. I have an innate talent at doing that, because I can never be mad at people for long. I always forget, which can be good, or bad, it depends. Or maybe, people never appreciate what they have until it's gone. But I suppose what matters most is being happy, and surrounded by awesome family and friends. And I know I still have one more year of being with the loveliest people I know, studying overseas together. I miss you guys, Zi Fen, Amy, Alex, Li Ying and Choo Wei. I wonder if you missed me too?

On the other hand, I have the best friends ever here too, whom I know will be around in the near future to hang out with, and probably that's what brightens me up too. Thanks for the early birthday celebration (too early! I don't wanna be 21 so soon) and the pressie! I'm not sure if I can bring it over, I have way more stuff to bring over than I brought back before...ugh. Have I ever mentioned I hate packing?

P.S: I have spent way too much time indulging in stories about vampires, vampire slayers, death deities and the undead again. Why am I reading such rubbish?! And yet, I can't help myself reading until 3 or 4 in the morning even though I know they're complete rubbish. Vampires and humans can never be together, and maybe that's just what I like about them, because it mirrors my life of "being in love with someone so perfect that I can never be together with them". (no, not my primary crush laaaa) Maybe I have a flair for drama.

Yay! Reading is good though. I feel more romantic :D 


No comments:

Post a Comment