Sometimes, being alone is a good thing. I like being alone. No pressure, no stress of trying to act according to society norms...Okay, so being an adventurous loner (course this wasn't the only reason), I went to Bristol for a one-day trip the other day.
It was sort of a last minute decision to go so I didn't do any research beforehand, that's why I missed out on all the must-go places!! Kanasai!

I saw this bridge from the distance in the flyer bus from the airport to the city but I had no idea how to get there. I thought this was the "Bristol Bridge" but it's not, it's called the Brunel's Clifton Suspension Bridge and I missed it. Sigh. I didn't go to visit the SS Great Britain as well, which was this

. No matter, I will go next time. Okay, here are pics of where I did go, but it's very boring. I mostly explored the Old City:
 |
| Bristol Temple Mead station! (LY, now you get to see how it looks like during the day :P) |
 |
| Bristol city in the distance. (Yes, I was simply walking along those little paths with grass, alone, but somehow I feel safer than if I was in Malaysia because there were many signs saying there are CCTV..at least if kena murdered also will have electronic witness, not like Msia, kena dumped in some palm estate also nobody would know until months later) |
 |
| St Mary Radcliffe Church. Described by Queen Elizabeth I, as "the goodliest, fairest and most famous parish church in England." |
 |
| 1st gorilla I saw! |
 |
| St Peters Church; bombed out during the 2nd World War, now a memorial to those killed |
 |
| somewhere in Castle Park |
 |
| 2nd gorilla! |
 |
| lousy bridge |
 |
| 3rd gorilla!!!! |
 |
| roses are one of my favourite kinds of flower :) |
 |
4th gorilla at Bristol airport 8D
Travelling alone can be quite scary, but also quite fun! But, nobody to take pictures for you. Sad. And I suck at self-capture... Anyway I would definitely go to Bristol again because I want to see Clifton Suspension Bridge!!! And have a day trip at Bath. I really need some cleansing to clear my mind :D _________________________________________________________________________________ |
 |
| guess where I am :P |
 |
| which is more true? absence makes the heart fonder, or out of sight, out of mind? |
P.S: Xin Wei, want to know my secret?
only you and i know the password. okay, maybe jo as well. you know what i mean. :P
P.P.S: Hui Leng, it's not the secret you were thinking of. So please don't twist my words. In any case the status is deleted already so everyone, secret or no secret, whom I matter to, matters to me. Happy? :)
No comments:
Post a Comment