Thursday, December 15, 2011

A night to remember :)

I'm a very happy and lucky girl tonight :)
Because I finally saw the first meteor in my life! It's not exactly a shower, just something like the picture below (credits to Alan Dyer):

They say the Geminid meteor showers are one of the best meteor displays of the year, and to lie under the chilly night sky with friends, screaming and pointing to the night-sky whenever we spotted a meteor, is something I never ever want to forget. I think we lay there for 1.5 hours, from 11.30pm till 1am. And the night was surprisingly clear. But it was super cold. 4 degrees. If it wasn't so cold, I would have lay there longer, but my feet were just freezing. But I think we saw about..6-7 bright meteors. It's okay. At least we saw them together, that's the best part! [the 3 of us kept screaming and brought many others out, haha so paiseh]
 


















P.S: Thanks to Khai Qian whose status encouraged Li Ying and Amy to come out crazy with me. Everyone thinks that meteors are really so difficult to see but I think patience and good-timing is all that's required. I'm so happy!!! (I actually wanted to meteor-watch since a few days ago when my friends in India and even my SISTER keep bragging to me that they saw meteors. But I finally saw them tonight! They said it actually peaked last night but last night's wind was horrible, can't go out at all)
P.P.S: My next must-see spectacular nature display are the Northern Lights.
P.P.P.S: If wishes on shooting stars come true.... I hope they do :) 
P.P.P.P.S: Sorry Choo Wei and Zi Fen, it was a spontaneous last-minute decision to see the meteors and we did hope you two could watch with us!
P.P.P.P.P.S: Happy birthday Alex :)


Shooting stars are so magical. One minute they're there, the next they're gone, like they never even existed. But for the split second they're there, appreciate their beauty. (I was so excited I couldn't even wish properly. But I'd love to think deep down in my heart, o' wishing star would know what I want)
I never wanted your heart. I just want to protect mine...

No comments:

Post a Comment