Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Glasgow :)

Okay, so I've been MIA for quite awhile. Well, I didn't exactly neglect this blog, as you know I don't always update everyday also. But, this is the first time I am blogging in a foreign country, Glasgow, to be exact :D I havn't really cried yet, of loneliness?

Nah, it's difficult to feel lonely with so many friends here, but of course I will try to socialize with the other locals around here. But I do miss my family. Sigh. Mommy dearest's cooking, and mommy herself, with all her funny quirks and sarcasm. Saying she won't miss me but then writing that she misses me on my FB wall and msn and skype. I MISS YOU ALOT MOMMY DEAREST! (oops, I bocor your secret already, haha why not let the world know I have such a nice loving mommy? =D) and DADDY, who's been sending me long emails about my life here, and STALKING MY BLOG, DON'T THINK I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'VE BEEN UP TO! and my SISTER, who calls herself noob shit ass, HAHA, DON'T let me come back to a squashed bed that you've been sleeping on. Hmph. Which reminds me, I MISS MY BED. MY NICE LOVELY COMFY BED. I HATE THE BED HERE SO MUCH THAT I ONLY SLEEP 7 HOURS A DAY OR LESS COMPARED TO WHAT I SLEEP AT HOME. T.T *sobs* no more lucid dreams. Sigh. And I shudder to think about bed bugs crawling about (heard they're quite common in UK?) so I wouldn't want to spend so much time on the bed either.

Anyway let me start writing properly, since the day I left. 
Friday (17/9/2010)
7-10am: okay, was actually thinking of sleeping in but then MICHELLE called me to go out for early breakfast because it was raining and she and Cheryl couldn't jog. Finally! I have a picture with Michelle =D
short hair, boo hoo T.T
Whole day was packing with freakin luggage that insisted! on being overweight. I couldn't bring my bolster with me in the end. Sadness. But I did manage to stuff a few soft toys in :)
The surprise at night!!! Thanks to Wen Jo :D (oh this Wen Jo actually finally managed to meet me up before I left, and INSISTED on coming to KLIA on Fri night to send me off). I kept saying no, because my mom (and me also) is worried about her driving all the way to KLIA at night unless she wasn't alone. Then she told me she's not coming alone but it's a surprise. Which kinda shocked me because ALL my friends said they were busy. And even if they wern't, I know Xin Wei couldn't drive to KLIA plus she has exams. And if she couldn't drive, Lynn and Leng couldn't come (that's why we couldn't send Mei Chen off that time). Anyway, she came and met me at the airport then told me the people she invited ffk-ed her. Which kinda disappointed me, but then I only half believed her because in my mind, those people couldn't be Xin Wei and the others, and if they weren't, there wasn't anybody I would want to see before I leave. THEN XIN WEI AND HUI LYNN APPEARED OUT OF NOWHERE!!! THANKS GUYS!!! REALLY LOVED YOU ALL!! AND BIG BIG THANKS TO WEN JO BECAUSE SHE DROVE THEM (okay, this made up for being MIA for so many months when I was trying to contact you)

One of the nicest things about leaving is that everyone finally bothered to meet up with you. Haha. Finally a picture of us 3 primary best friends! Juliana and Wen Jo. Don't think the 3 of us has ever been in the same vicinity since we graduated from primary school 8 years ago.



Then comes the 6 hour flight to Dubai. Didn't get to see much of the airport as we were rushing, plus no phone service, it's kinda difficult to contact each other if we were lost.


Messing about whilst waiting for the transit flight.
Emirates Airlines actually not bad. I super love their in-flight entertainment ICE (information, communication, entertainment) The informations part actually shows you the flight progress, outside temperature and time to reach destination, but what I love most is the onboard cameras which can give you the pilot's view as well as the view below the plane, which makes up for not having a window seat.
pilot's view

view beneath the plane (can see the clouds and a bit of land?)




Huh, I recorded the plane moving with the camera's view but apparently the server here rejected the video. Whatever. Anyway reached Glasgow safely, etc etc etc. Took a few pics of the city but I'm too tired to upload them now. Even in FB. But the campus is super nice, but big! Have to walk about everywhere. I think I'm more active here, actually jogging in the morning and walking up to few km of distance just to get groceries (which btw, reminds me, I'm never going to Tesco supermarket again if I can help it or this Chinese place the seniors showed us to get Chinese food...so damn far! I'll just survive on pasta and the food here.)

Can't wait to shop though. They say Glasgow is the 2nd best city to shop apart from London! I need new clothes. Too much groceries. I'm getting fat. Should I buy a weighing balance to keep track of my weight? Hmm, heard one of my coursemates bought it. Anyway signing off now! Midnight already, even though I'm usually tired by 8pm, but I had to watch my Vampire Diaries (no more pps though, sadness, this was what was last updated, the 2nd episode of the 2nd season) and clean clean my room. Will update more when I feel like it and when I have time!
















P.S: actually, i would love to be friends with the locals here, but so far, they've been pretty scary! I mean, in the daytime, they're friendly, but during the night, they're drunk and knocking at our main door and ringing the buzzer at all kinds of odd times. Whilst I'm typing this, someone just knocked on the main door really hard, why? i don't know. all of us housemates resolved not to answer it because nobody should be able to enter the building unless they have a key or someone daft and stupid let them in. and it's MIDNIGHT, why would anyone want to find us? stupid betul. i saw a bunch of them the other day knocking at the door whilst my friends were making dinner in the kitchen (i went to answer the door, but quickly scooted back when i saw they were all guys holding beer cans and all. isn't the topmost floor the girl's dorms? huh, actually i think i'm pretty blessed to be having the topmost floor, because the lower floors get their windows knocked on O.o) aaargh

No comments:

Post a Comment