Sunday, June 27, 2010

Weeeee~

Everytime I post something nice about family moments, we're sure to argue later (i'm superstitious, but it's no crime right) :O but oh well, who cares, moments to be remembered, should be recorded right? And yes, I luv my  family vewee vewee muchie (okay, stop baby-talk), so although we may argue sometimes, we'll always be there for each other :)
Father's Day Dinner!!

Mom wanted to make the pasta herself after all, so I only helped in the other dishes. Mmmm, I love baked potato!! With cream and cheese flakes plus butter, sinful but heavenly =) (tried my hand at tomato bruschetta but couldn't find the right type of bread, and i hate cutting tomatoes!! turned out all wonky..blegh)

Taiwan dinner at Fong Lye Restaurant
Mom said since I won't have much days left here anymore, she and dad will take me to new restaurants to try new stuff every weekend...waaaaaa, I don't feel like going anymore, but mom said I have to learn to be independent..sigh..I've never been to Sri Hartamas before, I didn't know its so pretty at night! Reminds me of those streets full of night-activity in China..sadly, the only times I've been out walking at night-time streets are in other countries..



Erm, according to the website, the names of each dish clockwise are Three-Cup Chicken, Sweet and Spicy Eggplant with Minced Meat, vege with No Name, duck with No Name, and the appetizers Oyster Spring Roll and Beancurd with Anchovies. Overall, the food was ok. I mean, I'm no expert in Taiwanese food, but it tastes nice. (i'd make a lousy food show presenter -.-) I loved the duck with No Name (obviously not called that, but I can't find the name) dipped in sweet sauce =) and the beancurd, sourish and nice. And the Three-Cup Chicken's supposed to be the famous one, but I thought my mom can make better ones. Oh, maybe because I dislike the basil leaves they put into the dish too...

Helped mom with black-forest cheesecake (I love times like this now..sigh..I suppose the saying "you won't miss something unless it's gone" is true..regret I didn't spend more time helping my mom in the kitchen) and yes, when you have a blog, you tend to take more photos of everything, so let's go to pictures!
Erm, basic recipe is like always..making oreo base with butter and crushed oreo biscuits, smelt so nice, i couldn't resist licking the rest when the base was done..then mixing cream cheese with a little lemon juice and..something else? i can't remember, i didn't really memorise the recipe..stupid thickened cream won't be mixed into soft peaks (cooking jargon), so we had to go out alllll the way to Tmn Megah to buy again -.- and then dark cherries layered into the cream cheese mixture, and the cherry syrup with rum! oh yes, my job is basically to lick everything clean :) kidding, but I did lick the cream cheese and all before I washed them, wahaha..I love this type of cheese cake, where there's no need to bake, just refrigerate the completed mixture. Bad thing is, I can't really bring such cakes to uni to let my friends try (I know Li Ying loves cheesecakes!! Nvm, next time we make in Scotland.. :D) and anyway, this cake is not for my family! Mom's making it for someone else, sad...

I tried using Windows Live Writer to blog but somehow the format of the photos goes wrong..so this time I use plain blogger...and damn, Fight For This Love is stuck in my head..who chose it for kaaroke the other day? -.- 

"there's always a place in me you can call home"~    (not for cheating scumbag Ashley Cole..hmph)

No comments:

Post a Comment